Saturday 19 February 2011

It seemed controversial at the time

Now I don't know how you all feel about rock n roll – gets some people's backs up: the raucous, musical ruckus, threatening to cleave us in two on its knife edge and spill us down into the chasm of social chaos; so I want you to keep an open mind and listen to the unique stylings of Buddy Holly and the Crickets. If you have any young'uns coming of age, you might want to ask them politely to leave the room. I expect it's past their bed time anyway.

2 comments:

  1. You read my blog...you know what a bad parent I am.

    My two year old could pick out Buddy Holly from a police line-up and if I play that video he'd come squealing from across the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular clip cuts off the compère's apology for what the audience - together with the wider viewing public - were about to witness; it's like they were going to blast granny with speed metal; it's almost like they're living in the 50s – oh, wait. They shot Evils in the pre-war years from above the waist to prevent hysteria spreading from his-below-the-belt gyrations; however, in the Vegas years, they neglected to raise the camera angle to above head shots. And no one saw fit to censor M. Jackson's unseemly crotch grabbing – I must say I missed that Neverland Mickey Mouse boat, which, in retrospect, turned out to be a wise move, for it's name was later revealed to be “Titanic II”.

    ReplyDelete