Sunday 13 February 2011

Face it

So last night I went out, bought a bottle of vodka, had myself some Chinese spicy fried chicken wings and beef ribs, dry. I had to take out money at the cash point and now - morning after - I'm looking at the Queen's face on the crinkled, desk bound, ten pound note, which represents a portion of my change. (I took out more than I needed.) She's looking about fortyish, to be generous, in that particular depiction, though, in reality she's of the age when circling the grave. What the hell is that about?

2 comments:

  1. You've seen the future.

    Which image of her has become iconic...is it dusty like Queen Victoria or middle age like Elizabeth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=queen+warhol&pdl=300&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1440&bih=713

    ReplyDelete