Saturday 2 April 2011

Femme fatale

Pretty. Ash blonde. Too much eye-shadow though. Summer sky cyan. And the floral dress swishing at the tanned ankles, crimped in all the right places.

I've come about your husband.

I know, it's not my custom to welcome the unexpected.

So his missing is an accident?

Not as a matter of carelessness, if that what your implying.

I'll save implications for when I'm in full possession of the facts.

Cautious?

Always, save for when dispute calls for immediate action.

Handy.

When the situation calls for hands-on.

Good, my husband was a man's man.

Was?

I hired you with the “is” in mind.

Good to know.

Will you take coffee?

With pleasure.

Let me guess: black; no sugar.

Called it. Mind if I smoke?

Not unless you mind my bearing witness to slow suicide.

Can handle that.

1 comment:

  1. "I hired you with the "is" in mind."

    Fantastic read...with slow suicide.

    ReplyDelete