Sunday 16 January 2011

Silence of the lamb

Somewhere near the mountain top, while the swirling mists lapped the fronds of ferns, they took time-out from their hike.

I'm glad we took this trip Mr. Abraham.

Call me dad.

Dad, at first I was sceptical, but you know what? I think this trip has really brought us closer together.

Me too Isaac, me too.

Call me son.

Son, there's something you should know.

Yes dad?

There's … there's going to be something … something we have to do together … something that you might not understand … and it might get scary for a while, but I'm sure it'll all work out in the end. You trust me don't you?

Sure, dad, as long as we're together – I have faith in you. Now where is that lamb you said we're having for supper? You know? The last thing on our "action list"?

About that. About that.

No comments:

Post a Comment